Saturday, December 10, 2005

My dear country

I have just returned from yet another 'holiday' and have gone to get my passport done up for another five years. All the rush from one destination to another is really an adrenaline rush.

My day was like this...

- Touchdown from Amsterdam @ 6.55am
- By the time I got out and collected my cargo it was 7.30am.
- Went on to get some things done and change into civilian.... it was already 7.50am
- Rush to departure (to only see the long queue) to check-in but at the same time having to wait for another 10mins.
- By 8.05am, my boarding pass was issued
- By 8.12am, I boarded the plane that is suppose to depart at 8.30am. *thank GOD i made it!*
- Departure time when doors closed was 8.55am, and with 40mins of flight time I would reach the Kuala of Mud International Airtransfer (if u do not know by now, it is KLIA).
- Once airborne, I was practically hogging the toilet for 10 - 15mins before the Captain made his announcement arrival upon landing.
In that quarter of an hour, my hair was released off its hairnet and u-pins, makeup undone, pretty face to refresh, moisture to put on, makeup to be applied yet again. It was quite a feat with the usual time of 20 - 25 mins. I myself was amazed.

By that time my head was spinning. Eyes wanting to close shut. My body telling me to sleep.
Unfortunately I had another half aday to endure before I could totally rest.

Papa came to receive his precious daughter from the International Airtransfer hub and proceeded to the Imigresen to process a new travel document. To my astonishment the process was indeed really quick (as compared to the usual deeleedehlee we get at the Imigresen @ Pusat Damansara) with people who goes for the morning teabreaks, exceptional long lunch breaks, and also not forgetting afternoon teabreaks.

The very next day I got my passport back and it's really delighting having to see a nicer prettier picture on it than the previous plain face. After paying the MYR300.00 my pocket suddenly felt much emptier; and all that for only 5 years.. why the hell can't they make it 10 years as well???!! *ish ish ish...*

Apart from all the rush I have been able to savour some local delicacies that I have been missing.

nasi lemak
fish head mee hoon
Sek Yuen (Pudu) beef noodles
banana leaf rice

and my ever so faithful milo kosong ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all this with great company!

If ever anyone of you would like to have a taste of these lustfully fattening food do tell me in advance yah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home