Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Say the word spider and you get a Happy Face!

This Chinese New Year is a very good one!!

Although I only got back home on the 7th day, it was still CNY to me. My father invited my boyfriend over for dinner on that day itself. I was shocked but did not show it. My boo said yes he would make it but later on called to tell us he couldn't make it. Cause of the problem: Auntie! Fine, it was still all right.



On Sunday my granny said that my uncle would like to have lunch before I left. Arrangements made. Conversations exchanged. I grabbed my mum's arm and said, "I'd call Arvind along yah!!" and her reply was "Okay."



I was so darn happyyyyyy!!!! Although it was just a lunch, it was something I'd never expected from my parents. I am happy it turned out the way it did.



Anyhow, back to the story telling. Came Monday, he arrived. And we all left the house (in separate cars: work reasons!). Met my uncle, aunt, cousins. They didn't recognize him except for my girl-cousin.



There were conversations. The table was never without one even while eating. I'm glad it was like that coz I'd never want a family that does not interact esp at the dining table.

I did not talk to my bf much but I see he was entertained even without me. At least it all seemed normal (to me).



By the time lunch ended. Everything was still okay. Nothing serious happened. I am so glad.



I know it's a long journey, and it is just starting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home